Challenge - 01 (3 Months Challenge) : Day - 20 : Week - 03 (September 20th, 2020 : Sunday : Major Optimization)

Challenge - 01 (3 Month Challenge - Major Optimization)

1) Wake up at 07:50 AM => 07:10 AM

                           I stayed in bed up to 9 AM but was wide awake. Now, I don't know how should I put it. Success or failure. I need to make more clear rules. Black and white kind of thing where there should not be any shade of gray. Today was one of those gray days. I am not sure whether I should face punishment or not. I'll discount myself for today and from tomorrow onward, success will mean getting out of bed on time. Not just waking up and laying on bed.

                            Well tomorrow is anyways Monday, Beginning of week - 04. So, new rules now. I am also modifying the rule of weekly change of alarm timings to monthly change i.e. instead of changing it weekly by 20miutes I'll do it monthly by 1 and half hour. Because by now I can clearly say that I am not succeeding in the weekly cycles. And as I researched more and more about habits and habit formations, the 30 day conditioning rule pops out repeatedly. I don't want to waste anymore time on the formula that is clearly not working. 

                                 So, from tomorrow onward, I will set my alarm to 07:15AM with a target to get out of bed before 07:30AM and stick with this schedule up to 20th October, 2020. Then, 5:45AM from 21st October that will stay up to 20th November, 2020. And, finally, 04:45AM from 21st November, 2020.

                                   My goal is still the same but the method or the path is optimized as per requirements now. I am sure this will work. 

2) Belly-Burn - 10k Steps =>  10,497 steps at 07:30 PM

                                   Did it very comfortably and in almost single go. I started walking at 05:15PM with approx 500 steps and finished 10k at around 07:20 with 54 Heart Points. This week was really good for Belly-burn challenge. I have scored 375HP in this week while WHO recommends 150HP. This says it all.

                                 About workout in Week - 04, I will reduce my steps from 10k to 7k from 1st October because I have joined a challenge on the Stepsetgo app until 30th September. Else the initial plan was to reduce it from tomorrow itself. And I'll be adding a new routine of Angamardhana Hatha Yoga once a day. It takes about an hour approx. This will really test my willpower for the first week at least. But If I am able to successfully adopt this in my life it has the potential to alter the entire process of life in me. In a very uplifting way. 

Major Optimization :

                     So, to summarize the changes, Week - 04 will see major optimization in the challenge which will remain unchanged for a month and I'll score myself in the below mentioned points system at the end of the month. Initially, I wanted to give extra weightage to '5AM club' as it is being much more difficult to achieve as compared to 'Belly-Burn' but since I am adding Angamardhana to Belly-Burn, it is going to be equally challenging or may be more. And to add to it, I also have to do 10k steps up to 30th September. Let's see how it turns out. The first 10 days would be crucial.

Scoring:

1 Point for each successful morning in '5AM club'.

 0.5 Point for completing target steps and 0.5 Point for Angamardhana.

          As you can see I have kept a reward system for myself here. Angamardhana requires a special situation like empty stomach, etc. and to do so, it is convenient to do it only in the morning. And if I miss the early wake up target it is very unlikely that I'll have 1 hr in the morning. So, indirectly my waking up early will give me 1.5 Points and similarly, it can almost certainly, cost me the same if I don't wake up on time because it will be very difficult to do it in the evenings especially with the steps target as well.

So, overall things are getting serious now, in the second leg of the challenge. Let's tighten our seat belts and begin the journey of self improvement with a new vigor and higher zeal.

That's it for today.


For Details of the initial challenge.

 

 

Comments