Day - 01 (September 1st, 2020)

Hello Everyone,

On Day - 01, Let me introduce this blog to you all. This is going to be more of a diary entry kind of a thing. The only difference, it will focus on only two subjects for now. They are:
1) Getting up Early in the morning. (People working in night shifts might want to ignore this)
2) Getting my 'belly-size' under control.
           I know that there are tons of websites and blogs on the net that cover these two common issues but here I just want to journal my journey from being a late morning/ late night big bellied person to be a fit person who wakes up before The Sun.
          Based on my experience, the basic requirement of a successful lifestyle, an early morning routine and a fit body. It does not matter what's your profession, this applies everywhere. 
 

Let us begin with the reference point:

 
1) Getting up Early in the morning.
          It is really embarrassing for me to admit that largely speaking, for most of my life after school, I did not wake up before 9 AM. That's right. 9AM. This is at-least 3 hours late in my opinion. However, since past one week, I am getting up at around 8:30AM which is an improvement considering my previous record but it is still too late. My target is to get up at 5AM. And according to all the business gurus, and giants of Success, no target can be achieved without a deadline. So I will have a timeline of 3 months. By 30th November, 2020, I have to be a '5AM Club' member.* I think 3 months is a comfortable margin to create a habit that should last.
Now question is, How to do it?
So, the plan is to reduce the alarm clock's time by 20 minutes every week. Right now it's on 8:30AM. which means in three weeks it'll be at 7:30AM, in six weeks, 6:30AM and so on until it's set on 5:00AM. So by simple calculation, By the end of 10th week i. e. 7th November, 2020, I should reach my target. However, it will be considered a success only if I can follow the routine continuously up to 30th November. I don't know how it will turn out but I can assure you that my commitment to this would be 100%.

2) Getting my 'belly-size' under control.
           This is going to be difficult but let me specify, I am not looking for six pack abs. I am looking for a flat tummy. For this also, initially I have to first warm up my body. So, in the beginning I'll start with 10k steps a day using Google Fit app for three weeks. Then, I would proceed by incorporating an exercise routine in my morning routine in that extra 1 hr time that I'll have by waking up early. Then lets see how far I can reach. 

Finally, coming to Day-01,
 
1) 5AM Club: Today, I woke up at 08:15AM, i.e 15 minutes before time. Yay....!!!
It was not at all difficult today. May be because I am really enthused to make this a successful challenge. However, I must not be over excited about it. Its just the beginning and once the motivation wears out, the real difficulties will kick in. Anyways today I can surely celebrate for this good start to a new adventure.
 
2) Belly-Burn: The target of 10k steps achieved. I think I will finish it everyday. I have done it before. So I am pretty confident. I am taking it nice and easy in the beginning to prepare a positive mindset. Beginning with baby-steps. The main challenge will begin after three weeks.

 
Signing off.

Comments